Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Skype Phone

Currently I am teaching a subject on Voice over IP. One of the famous product for Voice over IP is skype. When we talk about skype, normally we will think of using computer to chat with one another there are actually many other implementation of skype that does not need to switch on the computer!

1) Skype Mobile Phone (Only in UK)

This basically is a mobile phone that all calls go through skype. Well this is not so good as it is only working in UK and does not work else where.

2) Skype on PSP

This is a great product for many students who own a PSP. Not sure how this fair, can any one update me on this?

3) Skype on Windows Mobile

I have not got a chance to try out this even though we have quite a few of Window Mobile device lying around. Has anyone using this now?

4) Skype on Nokia Tablet

Well even though it is linux based, I still think that Nokia Tablet is too expensive to own and moreover iPhone now has a SDK.

5) Skype on WiFi

This has been selling in Sim Lim square for quite sometime. Not sure how it would fair. The problem with this is the screen is too small and not sure whether it will support WPA2.

6)Skype Desk Phone (This is what I want!!!! wait for delivery .....)

It cost me USD $170 not including shipping.
I think it is a good present for my parents who does not know how to use a PC, and often need to make long distance call.



Well there is a skype scheme that I think is quite cheap if you make alot of calls. It is call unlimited world. If you only want singapore only they also have unlimited country.

0 comments: