Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What Made Lee Wei decided to join Dip MWC after O Levels?

About Lee Wei

Lee Wei was from Temasek Secondary School and joined Diploma in MWC with an 'O' level aggregate of 12 points. He is the president of MWC's Special Interest Group (SIG). He pursued a course in IT as one of his interests, and here's what he has to say:

Editor: Lee Wei, how were your results all along in Sec Sch and also for Pri Sch?

Lee Wei: I was one of the average ones in my class, hovering a little here and a little there. I didn't do as well as I should have, and scored only 12 points. This was the case in primary school as well, also an average student, attaining a PSLE score of 238.

Editor: What were the criteria you considered during the Joint Admission Exercise? How was the process and how did you arrive at a decision?

Lee Wei: Definitely, it was interest. I was only interested in IT and Physics, and since I could not get into my dream JC, I decided, 'Hey, why not my dream Poly?'.

Editor :Why did you choose to study in Diploma in MWC? Which choice did you indicate Diploma in MWC as in your selection form for the Joint Admission Exercise?

Lee Wei: Well, it was stated on the TP website that MWC had programming, which I was fairly interested in. So up it went as my first choice.

Editor: What are three things you like/enjoy about Diploma in MWC?

Lee Wei: It has programming involved.
It is rather focused.
It is the future.


Editor: Who do you think is suitable to take Diploma in MWC?

Lee Wei: Well, anyone who fancies programming or gadgets. We get to deal quite a bit with PDAs and the likes!

Editor: Why do you think Diploma in MWC is a good choice to consider?

Lee Wei: It is the future; almost everything will be wireless. Furthermore, it also teaches you other general areas of IT.

Editor :What advice do you have for ‘O’ level school leavers who are going to make their selection soon?

Lee Wei: Follow where your interest(s) and dreams take you, no matter if its foreign or otherwise. With passion, you can overcome these minor obstacles with great ease. XD

0 comments: